Thursday, November 8, 2007

Oh my, a blog post from Zoho!

So, writing a blog post in Zoho and then flicking it onto blogspot ... how very web 2.0! As someone who has laboured through various word processing programmes (and had to shell out the shekels for every time you need to 'update' the bloody thing), I love the idea of 'community' software.

It gets over the problem of emailing docs to people but them not being able to open it because you sent it in Word and they're still using Works or whatever.

It don't cost a bean (except for internet access - but hey, that's free in the library!)

You want to add something to your magnum opus but don't have a laptop so you can't carry it around with you 24/7? No problem, whack it on zoho or google docs and the latest Great New Zealand Novel can be accessed anywhere.

Okay, it may not have all the various whizz bang features of office and such like - but you don't use most of them anyway and - and this does have cool stuff like tags and comments and a whole bunch of other kit and caboodle that I haven't found yet:)

So I'm a convert and am already thinking of various projects and stuff I can use this for ...

Now I've just got to work out how to upload this --- eeeeek! If you see this post, it worked ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see the post! Woop :)