Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blogging on ...

Task #9 - subscribed to Unshelved and Internet Index and Techessense Info and The Shifted Librarian ...

Found it a bit difficult to find NZ library blogs - mainly due to the overabundance of US material and other totally unrelated stuff whenever you search. Not the most user friendly of search interfaces on Bloglines if you ask me. Mind you, I rather quickly passed over the zillions of other librarians' blogs. I don't really see myself being that interested in the inner ramblings of some semi-incoherent library person I wouldn't recognise if I fell over them in the street. News yes ... ramblings, no.

Found it easier to search for interesting related websites on google and them locate their feeds that way ... possibly not the most efficient way of doing things but it worked for me:)

So have subscribed to a couple of the National Library blogs - including Create Reads which I already knew about but it still counts ... doesn't it?

And ... just because I hope that someone out in Blog World will want to read the incoherent ramblings of a random librarian, I've added a cool Bloglines subscribe button onto my blog - very cool.

And just to show you what my cat Bentley thinks of blogs in general ....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous picture of Bentley, goodness knows that sometimes I feel the same way about blogs...

Good work adding new feeds to your RSS reader, and yes, Create Reads still counts ;D