Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wild thing

Task #11 - Library Thing. I've been a good little blogger (that sounds ruder than it is probably) and set up my Librarything account and added my books and played around with the tags and added some ratings ... and thought that this rocked ... and then I read the bit about once you have 200 books on your shelf, they want your moola before you can add any more.

Arghhhhh. Sites like this annoy me. They tantalise and tease you, get you excited with all their cool widgets and stuff ... and then once you are really really hooked - they hit you with "Sorry it's not free anymore" but you can carry on for $$$$$! They have names for people that do things like that.




So the above picture sort of sums up my feelings about Librarything a little. It is a good idea and I like the way you can see what other people have thought of books and you can categorise what you've read and look for suggestions for future reading ... but, after you've invested a lot of time and effort and interest - it can be a tad on the peevish side to them realise that you must pay (a yearly sum) to carry on.

And mucho thanks to the Mad Hamster for the Good reads suggestion ... I'll give that one a try ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, I can't stand sites that lure you in and then have a 'catch' to them. Great job on your blog so far! :)