Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Green Minis


Isn't it strange that when you become aware of something, you suddenly see them everywhere. Try it yourself at home! Think of green Minis. And then you'll see them everywhere and wonder why you never noticed the plethora of leaf-hued small cars before?

Feels like that with this RSS thing - read the latest Web 2.0 assignment, set up my bloglines account and, wham bam, suddenly that little orange logo is everywhere! I open up any website and there is is - lurking in all its orange glory.
So I've subscribed to a few interesting feeds (and found that a lot of the rest of them are entirely strange and wonder why people would feel the necessity of being notified everytime they changed/updated).

Not sure whether I'll be able maintain this. I sort of like the idea of having all the stuff I'm interested in delivered direct without me having to remember to check up on it. Like getting the latest Unshelved strip delivered direct - wahoo! But then again, it could be a huge time waster:)
Mind you, I suppose that this customising and information delivery is all the thing now and what this whole Web 2.0 shebang is all about. I will confess to setting up an iGoogle home page with a few widgets on it - so I suppose a rss feed account is pretty standard operating procedure as well.
Next thing I'll be doing the grocery shopping online and having that delivered as well .... yikes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, it can be quite daunting to keep up with everything that's available online. But sometime, it helps to link it to you, and then just ignore that temptation to check every single one all the time! Anyways, great job on your blog so far! :)