Monday, October 15, 2007

If a picture's worth ...

OK - so task #10 - online image generators. Hmmmm. Had a play ... some worked, a lot didn't. I tried the Che Guevara generator - and the instructions were in French. My French is pretty bad - only time I've ever used it was to direct a taxi in Noumea and I ended up in the wrong place.
So I flipped onto the Delft plate generator. It worked but I couldn't save the image - just order a plate. I will admit to trying the fart generator but it didn't have an image I could put on my blog and my workmates kept giving me funny looks (I think the computer volume may have been a little on the loud side maybe?).

Ended up with the Dumbledore generator ... results below.

On the grand scale of things, I probably wouldn't use any of this again. Maybe OK to waste a few idle moments if you've got nothing better to do ...
Liked the mash-ups better as there was more creativity involved and they were generally easier to use.
So I came, I saw, I played ... and if a picture is worth a thousand words then I suppose an online image generator may have its uses ... I suppose it really depends of what the thousand words say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, well after your experience with the fart generator- you're lucky you didn't find packages of 'bean-o' on your desk the next day. Great job on your blog, love the Dumbledorf photo! :)